Saturday, April 3, 2010

Weekend Training

Wow, somebody turned the season switch from winter straight to summer. Yesterday the temperature was a hot 28 degree Celsius, almost perfect Badwater training conditions. Bernie, Dave and I started at 6:00 am for our 37.5 miles run at Sulphur Springs. It was still dark at the beginning but what a difference after Dave turned on his new flashlight. Man, it was the brightest flashlight I’ve ever seen. He lit up the whole forest. It is a Coast LED Lenser P7 from Zombie Runners http://www.zombierunner.com/store/product1989.html
Though, at a cost of $99.95 it’s quite price but you really get what you pay for. I highly recommend it.

And another recommendation is my new trail running show, which I bought for the Massanutten Mountain Trail 100 on May 15, 2010. It is the La Sportiva Wildcat. When I tried it on in the store it felt very comfortable from the beginning. After running for 7 and a half hour straight it still felt comfortable and I just love this shoe and love the name!

I was wearing the Drymax Maximum Protection running socks http://www.drymaxsports.com/extremerunning.php
and I didn’t have any problems with blisters or hotspots. MMT I’m ready to rock n’roll!





Some information about the Wildcat from the La Sportiva website:

La Sportiva Mountain Running® category. Wildcat is ideal for training sessions and free time activities thanks to its lightweight, comfort and breathability features. The upper is made from an exceptionally breathable perforated net fabric, the boot has a wide fit for maximum comfort. The built in gaiter protects against stones and mud. The boot features a TPU Stabilizing heel and a Frixion® sole with Impact brake system for enhanced grip and shock absorption on difficult terrain. This model is available with or without the Gore-Tex® lining and in 4 colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment