Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another weekend of running

Wow, I was wrong. Somebody turned the switch back to winter. Summer has not yet arrived in Toronto. Last Friday, I was very glad Angie didn't mind to start running at 7:00 am instead of 6:00 am. We headed out to Sulphur for 3 loops (37.5 miles). It was cold and during the third loop it even started to snow. However, despite the cold weather my feet stayed warm and blister free. I was wearing my new Drymax Trail Running socks (thanks Drymax) http://www.drymaxsports.com/lite_trail_running.php . Angie and I were glad once the run was over as it got very chilly at the end. I couldn’t wait to get home to warm up with a hot bad and a glass of wine.


Angie after the run trying to keep warm.


Evidence of a very muddy trail...

Yesterday the new Running Free store http://www.runningfree.com/ in Ajax had its big opening which started on a beautiful sunny morning with a great group run through some beautiful trails. Congrats to Steve, Garth and Veronique and thank you for making me part of an amazing team.

Today, most of the Ultimate Warrior runners must have slept in. The few who made it out did a short 7 mile tempo run in preparation for next Saturday’s Seaton Trail races

http://seatonmudpuppies.ca/race_details/index.html

My first race, the Jerseyville 100, will come up in a couple of weeks and I decided to join Veronique and Glen for the easy trail run (13 miles). The weather was beautiful and spring is finally in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment