Thursday, July 25, 2013

Peronin High Tech Food

Last year while I was training for the Irontrail 201K http://www.irontrail.ch/news-irontrails-1.phtml I did some online research of what kind of sports nutrition food is available in Switzerland since I didn't want to have to take everything with me from Toronto. 

While browsing online I discovered the website of a product called Peronin http://www.peronin.net/en/peronin-high-tech-food/ It sounded very interesting and I contacted the company asking if I could get some samples to try before my race. They were very helpful and offered to mail samples to my sister in Switzerland since they don't ship to Canada.

I arrived in Switzerland a few days before the race and had some time to test the product on shorter runs. Peronin is an all in one food powder with added vitamins and minerals that you simply mix with water. Its taste is very neutral and it is very easy on the stomach which is important for high performance in long endurance events. It comes in three different flavors: orange, vanilla and chocolate. Peronin has been used successfully for years by extreme sportspeople on mountain and desert marathons, Ironman, expeditions and in many other ultra sport and long distance events.

Peronin High-Tech Food

Since last year I have been using Peronin on my long training runs and in long ultra running races, like Sulphur Springs 100 and this year's Badwater Ultramarathon. It works great for me as I prefer to stay on liquid fuel for as long as possible because it is easier to digest and it doesn't stress the stomach at all. I'm very glad I discovered Peronin and I can recommend it to all athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment